In connection with the topic the Development of Skype for Linux stopped
me once again the question arose, which finally I want to clarify.
Is there any real Skype alternative?
- Contact list
- Trouble-free communication through a microphone alone
- The ability of audio conferencing to at least 3-4 people
- The possibility of video calls is also no problem
- Support for linux and preferably on a level not worse than skype (for example, to get ekiga kDa to call so that it is heard, I failed)
- The possibility of outside calls (a la skype out)
- Video conferencing
- Nice interface
- Free software + free Protocol
Interested in the three Protocol(s) + client + provider.
Tried and for various reasons didn't fit: gizmo5
(temporarily frozen development), ekiga
(never bred a human), qutecom
(formerly wengophone, too buggy), etc., etc.
For calls through SIP (in my case, sipnet.ru) I found a good program twinkle
, but as a replacement for Skype, it does not fit. Besides, for almost 2 years not getting a new version.
PS Suit success stories with the software that I have listed :)