From years of using the projector for watching movies at home:
1. Noisy cooling. But we must not forget that the projector is not under the ear, and movies are rarely without sound. I would not betray this great value. In addition, if the room little by the end of the film you will feel the increase in room temperature. Lamp worth the money.
2. The complexity of the setup for the first time. Not much harder than putting on a new 42" LCD panel on the wall. However, time will take a couple of hours, as you will need to configure the geometry. Besides do not forget about wiring speakers because speakers need to be at the screen, not the projector.
3. Picture clarity and colour reproduction is to evaluate in the store. No complaints about colour reproduction under normal blackout I noticed a couple of years. Now the lamp is already 50% developed and the corners are grayish gradient — problem DLP. By the way, note that the lamp life is about 5-6 years, but 4 years later the picture will be pale.
4. Consider dimming to save on the cost of the projector. I have an old Dell-1100MP — without darkening the picture a dim. At that time he, along with the screen cost cheaper palest hue 42" TV. For an evening of movies I really liked and I was satisfied.
5. Projector good for movies, not as a replacement of the TV.