We have in Novosibirsk recent years there have been many events, the purpose of which was either the project preparation to the presentation or the presentation itself.
And the young naively thought that then they will get the money for their projects.
Most certainly already given up, and is not something that doesn't want to present, but just doesn't come.
Because the experts are "fake" just because there may not be an expert in innovation (all the great things screwed up at the time experts).
Real venture capitalists, no — give everyone a win-win business plan 100% clear to everyone.
Nevertheless, I believe that such events are useful.
1. Meet, chat, exchange experiences.
2. Experts are usually still understand something in the business and that is to learn.
3. Each new report to a new audience is an experience in personal resume of (confidence, resourcefulness, speech,...).
4. Some feedback which you just have to consider.
5. Additional advertising of the project (albeit small).
6. Search of potential partners (integration of ideas).
I want to make a list of pros and cons of such events, given Soviet realities.