I decided to try to write a program for image recognition (for ebook), or to be more precise — digits (MNIST database). I read that write different people on this topic and decided that you choose a anyhow and that — you need to find a good Libu, then not to rewrite the code 10 times and not curse yourself in a bad choice.
What IDE to write while also not decided on the choice I have Borland C++ Builder 6 and MS Visual Studio 2008 Pro || 2010 Express.
I want to hear the answer to the question what library/class to select on the basis of the following:
1. Easy to install in the described IDE or complicated, but good (read: step by step) disassembled somewhere off site.
2. Speed of operation with images
3. Preferably Russian documentation, can be an option: Russian a bit outdated (the book, for example, or just a website) and very fresh English
4. Good documentation, not just a couple of lines of each function, but also a description of the arguments, returned parameters and
5. Necessarily examples, examples, examples.
PS: if you have ever seen the comparison of lib to work with images, then please share. I vyguglil only a few old articles, and still there until the pile of subjectivity.