Hard disk has 3 Windows (need, really). Bought a new SSD and want to move Windows from one partition to the SSD, thus leaving it temporarily on the old hard drive.
What I did:
1. Installed SSD, spaced through compmgmt.msc. Now I have the E: drive and formatted to NTFS
2. Set Macrium Reflect to clone:
3. Cloned to SSD, boot added menu item to boot from drive E
4. Download from the E: drive and setup everything the same, ie, all user files are on drive C: and loaded with it.
What I tried:
1. Disconnected HDD, but SSD will not boot (no boot loader)
2. Booted from the stick, performed bootrec /scanos - I found one system on the C:drive
3. Executed bootrec /rebuildbcd - I asked doublet in the point of loading Windows on your C: drive that gave an affirmative answer and got the error: "cannot find the requested system device".
4. Installed Veeam, so I have this volume with Windows saw.
Don't tell me what to do the migration to SSD a single partition so that the old Windows left on the hard drive (eventually demolished) and boot normally from drive E:?